Job Title: Machinist II - Weekend 1st Shift (6am-6pm)
This role requires complete set-up including advanced editing, programming and operation of computer numerically controlled (CNC) machines including vertical, horizontal and multi-axis machining centers, manual machines, lathes and mills.
Complete setup including programming (Fanuc Controls or G Code preferred), editing, operation and preventative maintenance on CNC milling centers, CNC lathes and/or CNC mills.
- Perform off-sets, fixturing and recognize signs of tool wear and poor finish and make adjustments to correct.
- Follow all safety and quality procedures and standards and participate in efforts to improve processes, product flow and work standards
- Complete required paperwork (manual and electronic) in a timely and accurate manner
- Maintain safety and cleanliness of equipment and work area
- Perform work, promote teamwork and communicate in conjunction with our culture and corporate standards (Safety/Environmental, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Communication, Internal Controls, etc.).
- Inspect parts for conformance to prints and specifications.
- Performs manual and electronic record keeping and information retrieval functions.
- Perform secondary operations such as deburring, chip removal, bushing installation, drilling, and tapping.
Required Experience & Education:
High School Diploma or GED and additional Tech training preferred. 2-4 years manual machining (including but not limited to mills, drills and grinders) experience preferred. 1-3 years’ experience with CNC programming, operation and setup with various controls including Fanuc Controls, Mazatrol Controls and Allen/Bradley Controls on CNC milling centers, CNC lathes and/or CNC mills preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of blueprint reading, shop math (decimals, fractions, geometry, trigonometry, etc.) and GD&T, Manufacturing Principles (Safety, Quality, Lean, Process Flow, etc.)
- Able to read and interpret drawings, specifications, setup sheets, etc.; use precision measuring instruments (calipers, mics, etc.), gages, manual and powered hand tools.
- Able to use various types of manual machines (presses, balancers, straighteners, cut off saw)
- Basic computer skills in SAP and Microsoft Office
- Experience using cranes, hoist, screw jacks, hydraulic jacks
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds, Ability to bend, squat, sit, walk, and stand for at least 8 hours a day
- Experience using G & M codes to edit and interpret programs
- Demonstrated strong work ethic (including attendance), strong organizational skills and strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Experience doing precision machining using manual machines such as threading, boring and grooving preferred.
It is Grundfos policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all it employees and applicants regardless of: race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.