The Service Intern is responsible for understanding service capabilities and offerings, to assist, end to end, in the service department. The Intern will be heavily involved in customer communication, process implementation and service documentation, especially in all aspects associated to the install base tool.
- Call on end users to generate new opportunities, utilizing the install base tool.
- Maintain data produced by cold-calling, determine effective practices as well as keep track of opportunities for sales.
- Maintain quote log with the sales team, developing follow up plans, set up reminders to help sales determine whether an opportunity is won/lost.
- Perform time studies to increase labor quote accuracy, highlight in-efficiencies and assist in action plan development, for improvement.
- Generate service quoting tool, to include quick material pricing and parts reference for service repairs.
- Generate database to manage information, marketing material, etc. for efficient and easy access.
- Proactively define, measure, improve and execute the processes to enhance the customer experience.
Key Success Factors
Increase in sales as a direct result of communication and sharing of information, with end users derived from the install base tool. Information documented from the install base tool should be thorough and a clear indicator of tool efficiency and profitability. Editing and additions to the quoting tool should increase efficiency and accuracy of service quoting. Overall efficiency of service department and document knowledge should improve as a direct result of the work performed.
Posting, Reporting, and Working Relations
The Intern works with and alongside the office and shop staff, to perform daily responsibilities. Frequent communication with Customer Service Representatives, Service Coordinators and Service Technicians is expected. The Intern will affect daily throughput and will have a direct impact on quality and process improvement, within the sales and service segments. The Intern will also work directly with colleagues and management on projects, process improvement and implementation. The Intern will report to the Service Sales Manager, which reports into the Service Leader and Business Unit Manager.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Must be able to work 10-15 hours per week
- Minimum junior year student in Marketing or Business Administration.
- Prolonged periods in a seated position utilizing a phone and computer with occasional twisting to reach equipment on desk; performs simple grasping, listens with sufficient acuity to perform all aspects of the job.
- Occasionally lifts up to 25 lbs.
- Daily visits made to various internal departments.
- Periodic visits made to other Grundfos or customer sites in the United States.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.