Performance testing and reworking of vertical turbines, communicating results, maintaining test schedule and test lab upkeep. When not testing, assist in service inspection report creation, repair and parts quotation, as well as technical application support to customers, service sales managers and service technicians.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Conduct performance tests on vertical turbine bowl assemblies. Includes test disposition, communicating results to customers and working with shop to facilitate reworks of failing pumps, when necessary.
- Maintain testing schedule and coordinate release of product, when ready for testing.
- Maintain test lab and test instrument calibration records.
- Generate inspection reports as well as parts and service repair quotes, based on inspection findings.
- Coordinate material requirements and repair options with service technician.
- Maintain quote log with the sales team, developing follow up plans, set up reminders to help sales determine whether an opportunity is won/lost.
- Obtain pricing, lead-time, and part numbers from vendors.
Key Success Factors
- Pumps must be deemed passing per Hydraulic Institute standards prior to completion and shipment. Pump test turn-around is monitored to ensure quality and efficiency of testing process.
- Effective test scheduling and completion is crucial for throughput and on-time delivery.
- Tear-down and inspection of service pumps must be completed quickly and efficiently. Inspection reports must be delivered within an allotted time after inspection is completed and must clearly portray the findings of the service technician.
- Quote logs and quoting tools must be kept up to date and in-line with the current pricing and availability from vendors, to ensure profitable and accurate quoting to customers.
Posting, Reporting & Work Relations
The Intern works with and alongside the office and shop staff, to perform daily responsibilities. Frequent communication with Customer Service Representatives, Service Coordinators and Service Technicians is expected. The Intern will affect daily throughput and will have a direct impact on quality and process improvement, within the sales and service segments. The Intern will also work directly with colleagues and management on projects, process improvement and implementation. The Intern will report to the Service Sales Manager, which reports into the Service Leader and Business Unit Manager.
Required Minimum Qualifications
- Must be able to work 10-15 hours per week
- Junior year student in Engineering.
- Knowledge of CAD software is desirable.
- Knowledge of LabVIEW software is desirable.
- Basic fluids and hydraulic knowledge is required.
- Proficiency in the use of SAP SD and ERP systems, Microsoft Office including MS Excel, and product sizing software is an asset.
- Related-product and applications-specific knowledge (i.e. machine design relative to shafts, couplings, bearings, and lubrication; electromechanical systems and understanding of motors, starters and VFDs; industry standards (HI, ANSI, ISO, etc.) for pumps is an asset.
- Prolonged periods in a seated position utilizing a phone and computer with occasional twisting to reach equipment on desk; performs simple grasping, listens with sufficient acuity to perform all aspects of the job.
- Use of both manual and pneumatic tools to assemble and disassemble test equipment.
- Bending and squatting to access and adjust testing equipment, during testing.
- Work done near high pressure and high voltage equipment.
- Occasionally lifts, up to 50 lbs.
- Daily visits made to various internal departments.
- Periodic visits made to other Grundfos or customer sites in the United States.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.