Purpose of job
Secure productivity of the unit/department. Translate strategy into concrete actions and responsibilities.
- Overall responsible for performance of the unit/department.
- Establish objectives, processes, operational efficiency and concrete execution plans linked to the targets set.
- Select, lead, guide, evaluate and develop the management team to ensure that the unit/department achieves the business objectives and comply with all relevant regulations and laws.
- Lead, direct, control activities of a single plant or multiple plants to achieve medium- and long-term financial and operating objectives set by the overall corporate business plan.
- Responsible for activities such as maintenance, manufacturing, quality control, engineering, supply and internal logistics in accordance with safety, quality, delay, cost, inventory and people standards.
Critical knowledge and experience
Industry, market and business environment
- Experience developing and implementing overall operating processes preferably within Manufacturing.
- Experience developing and executing key strategic initiatives within a complex business environment; experience working in a large manufacturing environment is strongly preferred.
- Extensive experience operating and leading a large team and/or complex process preferably within Manufacturing.
- Most likely to have approx. 10 years of relevant work experience before entering level.
Technical, functional and professional
- Strong background leading and developing other leaders in a team or department
- Strong knowledge of best practices relevant policies, systems, processes, local laws and regulations where that may influence execution opportunities in the unit and function.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.