General Summary: Provide manufacturing engineering support for Production, Engineering and Quality through the use of modern equipment and engineering practices. Lead and initiate process improvement activities as well as large scale capital investment projects.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Recommend specifications and designs, lead and/or facilitate start-up, training, and commissioning of production equipment and machinery.
2. Act as project leader for large scale production or manufacturing process project activities with emphasis on inter-departmental and inter-organizational coordination and implementation.
3. Develop, implement and maintain, in conjunction with the Quality, Engineering, and Production Departments, control instructions, work instructions, and control plans.
4. Investigate and source equipment manufacturers, suppliers, and vendors to increase knowledge about new technologies and processes.
5. Propose and implement cost reduction projects for products and manufacturing processes.
6. Develop proposals for capital projects.
7. Research, develop and present manufacturing, quality, capacity and/or other process improvement recommendations to the Management Team.
8. Independently monitor manufacturing operations to identify areas experiencing problems and then provide proactive assistance as needed.
9. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. In-depth knowledge and application of mechanical, electrical, electronic, hydraulic, pneumatic, and other technologies as they are/can be applied to the business' manufacturing operations.
2. Minimum of two years experience with PC’s, CAD/CAM systems, G&M code programming, and related document controls for process planning.
3. Proven ability to successfully lead large scale projects.
4. A minimum of one year of experience in tool design, fabrication, and troubleshooting.
5. Excellent communication skills both internally and external to the department.
6. Ability to work independently without daily supervision.
7. Knowledge of Robotics and PLC's is a plus.
8. Proven Lean Manufacturing experience.
9. Knowledgeable in machining (e.g. turning, milling, boring, etc…) assembly, and testing processes
10. An understanding of process capability analysis and measurement system analysis.
11. Project management experience and leadership skills required.
12. SAP experience preferred.
Education and Experience: B.S. in mechanical engineering (or equivalent) with a minimum of five years of experience preferred. A combination of higher education with a minimum of ten years of experience will be considered as well.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.