The Senior Service Manager is responsible for managing and supervising the Grundfos Water Utility field service engineers along with our Chicago Service Center to make Grundfos a strategic partner for professional end-user accounts in improving pump system processes and improving their environmental profile and system performance. This role will focus on maintaining a strong service team, successfully manage customer challenges and generate key profitable Service sales growth. The Senior Service Manager will report directly to a Director, Service & Aftermarket Sales.
- Supervise and direct activities of the field service engineers and service workshop staff to assure the maximum satisfaction of customers.
- Regularly work to maximize the profitability of the company by focusing on service products within the local area and Water Utility industry.
- Regularly meets with end users to evaluate and assist in development of service solutions and sales activities.
- Analyze, resolve and assist employees in solving technical issues and complex pump repairs.
- Serves as an escalation point to resolve customer disputes and complex problems.
- Ensure that service engineers comply with standard operational and working practices by reviewing service engineers’ personal performance to ensure compliance with objectives and goals. Ensure that the Grundfos Leadership Principles and Values are lived out on a daily basis by all.
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales plans with goals and strategies to accomplish sales targets.
- The Service Manager develops strong relationships with key decision makers at existing and target accounts in coordination and cooperation with local sales management.
- Maintains monthly reports of all managed field Service activities.
- Responsible for the Environmental, Health and Safety Program and as outlined by the Service & Sales EHS Manager as required by local regulations and reporting significant product issues when applicable to the Quality Management system.
- Responsible for service engineers and technicians to be fully equipped with tools, work wear, parts and consumables.
- Assist Service Sales personnel in training, mentoring, and development towards product portfolio.
- Responsible for leading monthly communication meetings.
- Create a pool of both high-performing and succession-ready employees to facilitate growth targets; ensures a succession plan for key positions is in place.
- Ensures the service department meets or exceeds appropriate training and educational levels across all functions.
- Stays abreast of the service industry trends, evolutions and applications. Keeps Management informed of competitive conditions and makes recommendations on product changes, additions or new products with major potential.
- Utilize SAP Customer Reporting Manager (CRM) and SAP Customer Service (CS) modules in completion of daily activities.
Required Qualifications and Education
Must have a minimum of 5 - 7 years previous supervisory experience leading a service shop team. Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical subject or equivalent preferred. Functional experience working in the service / aftermarket parts business unit for at least 5 years.
- Strong mechanical acumen with knowledge of pumps, pump components, and controls systems is preferred. Along with a working knowledge of pumps, pump hydraulics, pump systems, controls or rotating equipment; and all aspects of operation, installation and maintenance.
- Experience working with industrial equipment within a service and aftermarket department is required.
- Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment and with a sense of urgency.
- Highly organized in meeting goals and objectives with skilled planning and prioritization.
- Must have the competencies to adapt and succeed in a changing environment.
- Proven negotiation skills and resolution management skills to find win/win solutions, which protect the company’s interests.
- Demonstrated business acumen and experience developing service business unit strategies that impact overall growth.
- Proven success in sales of service and products, preferably centrifugal and vertical turbine pumps or other rotating equipment.
- Experience developing a positive relationship with customers, including sales, production, procurement, quality, and all other internal business teams.
- Experience working with SAP CRM and CS (Customer Service module) or relevant Service Management software is preferred.
- Travel to meetings with customers within the Chicago area is required. Some travel to other field sites and service operations, team meetings, training, etc may also be needed. Total travel up to 40%. Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid driver’s license.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be flexible with working hours to meet customer’s expectations.
- Strong Computer Skills, including Microsoft Excel, Word and Power Point.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.