Grundfos is a global leader in advanced pump solutions and a trendsetter in water technology. Through our 83 companies, we are directly accessible in 56 countries, and through our network of partners, distributors and sub-dealers, we are present in even more. Today, Grundfos employs around 19,280 people.
Poul Due Jensen founded his company in 1945 from his basement in Bjerringbro, Denmark. The first pump made was a water pump. Through the decades, we have sharpened our skills, and to this day, we take pride in moving water to where it should be, using as little energy as possible when doing it. Innovation is at our core. Sustainability is our heart. And excellence is at the top of our minds.
Reporting directly to the VP of Group Purchasing and having a functional reference to the Operations VP AMERICAS, the purpose of the Regional Purchasing Director Americas is the following:
- In line with the overall Purchasing strategies to plan, propose and implement the overall approved sourcing strategies, targets and supplier portfolio for regional and local categories;
- Manage purchasing managers, regional sourcing managers and assistants within sourcing of components in the regional as well as local categories to meet the overall agreed targets set.
Responsible for purchasing activities related to direct as well as indirect categories at regional and local level:
- Establish and maintain deep insight into the relevant supplier markets;
- Manage and support purchasing managers (and category buyers) and regional sourcing managers in building sourcing strategies, setting targets for the regional and local categories aligned with the overall strategies short as well as long term and the implementation of the strategies;
- Support the implementation of sourcing strategies related to global categories in relevant companies within the region;
- Build and maintain close relations with key suppliers and other major accounts related to future business opportunities in close collaboration with the supplier account organisation;
- Continuously work on optimisation of the supplier portfolio and cost. This includes consolidation activities within the region for both regional and local categories.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Savings targets at category level for the region (regional and local categories);
- Cash flow management for the regional and local categories;
- Delivery and quality targets at regional and local category level;
- Long term sourcing strategies and risk management.
- Group Purchasing Management team;
- Operations AMERICAS management;
- Plant management and sister companies within the region;
- Senior executives internally as well as externally (GMs etc.);
- Global sourcing managers;
- Other relevant, internal stakeholders, e.g. at BD.
Member of Group Purchasing Management team and AMERICAS OPS leadership team.
Required Education and Experience:
- Relevant commercial or technical education;
- At least 5 years of relevant experience as manager within sourcing in a global organisation;
- Experienced in communicating at senior executive level as well as other levels internally as well as externally (typical counterpart in relationships and strategic negotiations will be managing directors or senior executives);
- Distance management capabilities;
- Analytical and strategic thinking;
- Result- and action oriented;
- People management;
- Fluent in English.
- Expected travel is approximately 30% per year.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.