Supports forwarding tenders, and it’s enrollment in the corporate organizations. Ensures corporate logistics compliance to all logistics related regulatory requirements. Develop the Grundfos distribution footprint
The purpose of the position is following:
- Shipping management, logistics compliance management, supplier management and development.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Optimizing existing regional transportation set-up for all companies in the region and suppliers where we control the transport.
- Identify and drive regional ItV activities
- Support regional strategy deployment with the Freight and transport area
- Secure proper communication by building a regional account structure between the Grundfos Group and the forwarders.
- Optimizing existing Transportation systems and processes
- Give input to the overall logistics and supply chain strategy
- Develop and share best practice within transportation throughout the Group and beyond to secure visibility.
- Identify and implement sustainability systems and monitor Co2 emission in compliance with Group guidelines.
- Audit Grundfos companies on a regular basic.
- Manage Regional Transportation Network
- Performances and action plan follow up to reach targets and KPIs with transportation
- Resolve or escalate transportation and logistics compliance related issues when necessary
- Supporting agreed corporate transportation activities.
- Developing transportation relationships.
- Monitoring transport costs.
- Support Purchasing on transportation tender process.
- Dealing with transportation and compliance issues escalated on to corporate level.
- Attend and contribute to CSC regional meetings, and DC follow up meetings and other meetings may relevant for the function
Key Performance Indicators
- Total logistics cost per order line
- Forwarder performance
- Tender and rate update execution
Position and Reporting
- The position report to Corporate Supply Chain
- The position will have no direct reports
- DC Managers, and DC shipping organisation
- Corporate Finance
- General Managers
- Corporate Manufacturing
- Regional Fulfilment Managers
The position may require 30-60 travelling days annually.
- Engineering or Logistics education– bachelor or master degree or similar higher education
- Preferably 3-5 years’ experience within the transport industry
- Excellent in English written and spoken
- Experience within logistics operational management or manufacturing in a leading role, preferably transportation and compliance area.
- Persuasive, strong communication skills and a winning personality
- Able to lead and influence through a network
- Holistic approach and able to think ahead
- Both a strong result-orientation and an analytical thinking are needed
- Able to cope with a high level of complexity and many stakeholders
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.