Technical resource for PLC programming and controls. Responsible for PLC development, selection, and coordination of integration to control panels for pumping system applications. Responsibilities include documentation of technical details for assigned products, programming review and guidance, and supporting marketing with technical information for product promotions. Responsible for increasing the overall competence level within the regional sales and customer support functions PLC based controls.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigates applications and coordinates programming for PLCs
- Defines the PLC hardware specifications to support pumping system applications
- Performs specification review and controls application support for proposals
- Works with internal and external supply chain resources for control design, manufacturing, and programming.
- Provides technical documentation for submittals (Sequence, PID, Theory, Engineering/Design Specification, etc.)
- Provides technical support to create and revise technical and marketing literature.
- Leads cross functional teams as assigned. Team member for new product development projects.
- Creates and maintains product basic specifications.
- Supports price management activities, including setting the list prices, creating price pages and obtaining competitor information.
- Support training activities, including advanced technical topics relating to products for internal personnel as well as OEM partners and other external partners.
- Support Service Department in their development of service kit programs, service manuals and product fault resolution. Coordinate product problem resolutions with Service Department, GBJ and our Partners.
- Maintains market related intelligence by attending trade shows and interacting with customers.
- Provide technical support in field when necessary
- Coordinates and leads product related activities between various Grundfos companies. Acts as liaison for OEM partners within the Grundfos companies.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree (Engineering preferred) with 2+ years related technical experience or equivalent technical background.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced technical knowledge of PLC and controls technology is required
- Knowledge of Grundfos products and good technical understanding of applications is required. Sufficient education and experience to learn, troubleshoot, and train others in the application and use of Grundfos products. .
- Knowledge in PLC design, control panel design, electrical panel design a plus
- E-plan and AutoCAD a plus
- Programming PLC in structured text with Beckhoff PLC a plus
- Good written and oral communication skills. Excellent organization skills
- Skilled at or has the ability to apply PC based software and main frame software.
- Ability to travel via normal commercial modes both within the US and Internationally as required (20-30%).
- Ability to multi-task, solve technical product related problems and develop technical literature to support sales.
Grundfos Pumps does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in provision of our employment opportunities and benefits.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.