Delivers compensation services to all Grundfos employees as a member of the HR Services, Compensation and Benefits Team. Provides support to ensure that all jobs are evaluated and compensation and benefits are accurately delivered to all employees. Collaborating with HR Center of Expertise and HR Business Partners to understand and execute job evaluations and compensation programs. The Compensation Analyst will as follow HR Services, C&B guidelines and strategy and the overall HR guidelines in Grundfos.
- Ensure the needed consultancy related to compensation programs in an efficient, timely, and accurate manner per the HR Services, C&B guidelines.
- As a member of the HR Services, C&B Team, administers the global salary process, IPE job evaluation process, job catalogue and development of job descriptions.
- Work in collaboration with COE on development of global and local practices.
- Collaborates in the development of incentive plan document and coordinates with Finance Department with established metrics/accruals.
- Supports the incentive plans calculations for submission to Finance and/or the business for validation.
- Support and administer the annual bonus and merit processing including supporting the compensation module.
- Complete third party market and salary survey submissions.
- Makes recommendations to managers regarding base salary levels, appropriate salary range assignments, total compensation opportunity, and/or hiring ranges for positions. Consults with attraction services regarding pay decisions including policy and guideline interpretation.
- Document procedures to streamline processes and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Take an active part in implementation and utilization of new compensation policies, including the participation to the annual compensation review process (collection of market salary data, proper process documentation and analysis of the data).
- Develop and provide timely and accurate, high quality analyses, reports and recommendations to meet both internal and external requirements per the HR Services, C&B guidelines.
- Maintain a focus on the continuous improvement of the processes relating to compensation programs.
- Investigate, describe and recommend solutions to improve processes and systems.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policies, procedures, legislation, regulations and direction and identify non-compliance situations for resolution.
Education & Experience:
Post-secondary degree in Human Resources, Finance, Business or other related field, with a minimum of 3 years of progressive experience directly related to the administration of compensation programs. Experience in implementing compensation processes in Mexico, North and South American Markets is highly preferred, but not required.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of compensation theory, systems and structures and/or programs applicable to Canada, Mexico and South America is highly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to lead processes and projects, within a culturally diverse and ambiguous environment, with flexibility of thought and action to influence and support the business.
- Strong customer service focus, sense of urgency to meet or exceed customer expectations, and achieve daily commitments.
- Outstanding organization skills with great accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work on complex problems in which analysis of situations or data requires evaluative skills.
- Ability to analyze information and data, problem solve, improve processes and identify risks.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks ranging from projects to daily activities, to work under pressure, with deadlines to achieve service level agreements.
- Strong and demonstrated customer service and problem solving skills with high degree of judgment, discretion, confidentiality, planning and time management skills.
- Strong proficiency in the use of personal computers, preferably Microsoft software applications, such as Word, Excel ((formulas, vlook up, pivot tables, etc.) and PowerPoint and networked computer systems.
- Proficiency in the English language, with excellent verbal, reading and written skills to communicate effectively, analyze information, to give and receive information and deliver difficult messages. Proficiency in the Spanish language is an asset.
- Ability to maintain a valid passport. Must be able to travel up to 25% domestic.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.