Under the direction of the Service Director, the Inside Sales Specialist has to responsibility to provide sales support as needed for Service Management and Service Sales Associates. Sales support includes the customer management using CRM software, understanding service requirements, review of specifications, sourcing, pricing, and availability of Grundfos manufactured product and outside vendor’s products, generating proposals, processing product orders, and organizing service project paperwork for submission to the service coordinator or processing service projects on their own. Additional responsibilities include material expedition and other administrative duties as assigned.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute the defined strategies and tactical plans set for the Inside Sales Coordinator team.
- Participate in the development of individual performance reviews and improvement plans.
- Ensure CRM is effectively maintained, used and monitored.
- Source, obtain pricing, lead time, and part numbers for outside vendor material.
- Identify part numbers, lead time, and pricing for Grundfos and other Brand’s manufactured material.
- Expedite material as required.
- Estimate labor hours for various in shop and field service projects.
- Using CRM, work individually and collaboratively within a team environment to prepare submittal packages, review specifications, and prepare quotations, documenting exceptions or clarifications.
- Visit customers with a focus on representing the Grundfos brand and facilitate sales revenue.
- Advise customers including VIP/Key Accounts.
- Manage escalation calls.
- Liaise and collaborate with internal departments and suppliers to ensure profitability.
- Act as “customer advocate” to address customer sales issues.
- Proactively define, measure, improve and execute the processes to enhance the customer experience.
- Assist customers with product installation, product coordination, and other special order handling.
- Participate and optional lead in company-wide projects.
- Provide sales reports and business planning documents, as required.
- Host customers for successful on-site product inspections and witness testing, when required.
- Support other application engineers including custom pricing.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policies, procedures, legislation, regulations and direction and identify non-compliance situations for resolution.
- Comply with all health and safety initiatives to ensure the Company remains a safe workpla
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Preferred extensive related-product and applications-specific knowledge (i.e. machine design relative to shafts couplings, bearings, and lubrication; electromechanical systems and an understanding of motors, starters and VFDs; industry standards (HI, ANSI, ISO, etc.) for pumps
- Ability to work with detailed specifications and industry standards.
- Ability to manage multiple, divergent priorities, and work independently with a high degree of accuracy to meet customer requirements and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to present a positive, competent image to customers.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to foster collaboration, accountability and customer-centricity.
- Superior telephone skills and strong written and verbal English language communication skills to receive and give information.
- Strong customer service focus, sense of urgency to meet or exceed customer expectations, and achieve daily commitments.
- Proficiency in the use of (Preferred) SAP SD and/or ERP systems, Microsoft Office including MS Excel, and product sizing software.
- Knowledge of reading drawings and technical documentation is an asset.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Civil or Industrial Engineering or other technical degree preferred; or a combination of training, education and experience.
- 5-7 years sales/engineering experience with pump manufacturer is preferred.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Prolonged periods in a seated position utilizing a phone and computer with occasional twisting to reach equipment on desk; performs simple grasping, listens with sufficient acuity to perform all aspects of the job.
- Occasionally lifts up to 25 lbs.
- Daily visits made to various internal departments.
- Periodic visits made to other Grundfos or customer sites in and out of the United States.
FLSA Status: Exempt
Conditions of Employment:
This position requires the incumbent to stay current with the latest technology and participate in skills upgrading.
This position requires periodic travel within the USA and internationally. Therefore, the incumbent must be able to obtain and maintain a valid passport.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Grundfos Pumps does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in provision of our employment opportunities and benefits.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.