Under the direction of the Service Manager, the Service Engineering Intern is responsible for the technical and application support to customers, service sales managers, service technicians. The Service Engineering Intern has responsibility to understand service requirements, review specification for sourcing product to support parts demands, pumps and pumping systems, pricing, preparation of service proposals, instructions for successful completion of service projects and order/account handling.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain pricing, leadtime, and part numbers from vendors (provide details for sales), fill out material acquisition sheets.
- Using CRM, work collaboratively within a team environment to prepare submittal packages, review specifications and prepare quotations, documenting exceptions or clarifications.
- Generate Opportunities and Quotes in CRM and Quotation Tool. This includes loading customer and site information, generating quotes, providing relevant information on required project paperwork.
- Maintain quote log with the sales team, developing follow up plans, set up reminders to help sales determine whether an opportunity is won/lost.
- Assist with customer account creation and CRM Data Upload with customer contacts etc.
- Visit customer site to gather required site and application information on pumps and pumping systems.
- Liaise and collaborate with internal departments, suppliers to ensure profitability for Grundfos on projects.
- Address customer technical issues with complex product installation and trouble-shooting, advanced product coordination, special order handling.
- Review, organize, and distribute service paper work to the technician in the shop (with support from service coordinator).
- Verify actual technician hours are in line with what was budgeted and address reasons for deviation from budget.
- Review Technicians reports and deliver to customer as requested/required.
- Verify material usage with technicians for each project completed.
- Conduct product related technical analyses for internal and external audiences.
- Host customers for successful on-site product inspections and witness testing, when required.
- Proactively define, measure, improve and execute the processes to enhance the customer experience.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policies, procedures, legislation, regulations and direction and identify non-compliance situations for resolution.
- Comply with all health and safety initiatives to ensure the Company remains a safe workplace.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High level of mechanical aptitude with a customer facing mentality.
- Ability to work with detailed specifications and industry standards.
- Ability to manage multiple, divergent priorities, and work independently with a high degree of accuracy to meet customer requirements and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to present a positive, competent image to customers, problem solve and apply sound judgment and discretion.
- Demonstrate positive attitude, have keen interest in learning and professional development.
- Ability to foster collaboration, accountability and customer-centricity.
- Superior telephone skills and strong written and verbal English language communication skills to receive and give information.
- Strong customer service focus, sense of urgency to meet or exceed customer expectations, and achieve daily commitments.
- Knowledge of CAD software is desirable.
- Proficiency in the use of SAP SD and ERP systems, Microsoft Office including MS Excel, and product sizing software is an asset.
- Related-product and applications-specific knowledge (i.e. machine design relative to shafts couplings,bearings, and lubrication; electromechanical systems and an understanding of motors, starters and VFDs; industry standards (HI, ANSI, ISO, etc.) for pumps is an asset.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Civil or Industrial Engineering or other technical degree required; or a combination of training, education and experience.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Prolonged periods in a seated position utilizing a phone and computer with occasional twisting to reach equipment on desk; performs simple grasping, listens with sufficient acuity to perform all aspects of the job.
- Occasionally lifts up to 5 lbs.
- Daily visits made to various internal departments.
- Periodic visits made to other Grundfos or customer sites in and out of the United States.
FMLA Status: Non-Exempt
Conditions of Employment:
This position requires the incumbent to stay current with the latest technology and participate in skills upgrading.
This position requires periodic travel within the USA and internationally. Therefore, the incumbent must be able to obtain and maintain a valid passport.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Grundfos Pumps does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in provision of our employment opportunities and benefits.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.