This position is in the Tech Center US with office in Brookshire, Texas. The Tech Center supports the US region with detailed design, technology and product platform support for existing and new product development. The Tech Center is a part of Grundfos’ global product development organization and this position will be working closely together with peers in especially the US, Europe and China. The job focuses on facilitating simulation and 3D driven development where components and products are developed with extensive usage of modelling and simulations to design, optimize and verify performance. The solutions typically have focus on energy efficiency used for application in drinking water wells, boosting of water supply and circulation of water in industry and buildings.
The engineer will be working closely together with highly skilled designers in US Engineering and our production organization using robust design techniques to develop the overall best product. In this position, the engineer will exercise the use of FEA to design, verify and optimize weight, fatigue, vibration and strength. In addition, a high level of knowledge about materials and production technology is required.
- Performs Tech Center assignments that requires knowledge of mechanical engineering theory, concepts and experience.
- Performs new product development work. Design new pump models and improve the structures of existing models using state of the art design simulation tools to achieve highest possible standards.
- Supports Test Lab to resolve mechanical test problems in timely manner.
- Supports Field Service on mechanical issues, new project proposals and project negotiations.
- Upon request make recommendations to Marketing, Engineering and Field Service, regarding feasibility and advisability of product modifications as well as writing up of technical engineering specifications.
- Help QA and assembly to identify unacceptable mechanical parts pro-actively in order to reduce test failures. Will propose and implement good practices in Engineering and Assembly to improve product test pass rate.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Required Education & Qualifications
- Education: B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering and minimum 5 years of relevant professional mechanical business experience
- Significant experience in:
- Finite element analysis (Ansys), Topology optimization and Robust design
- 3D CAD modeling. Experience with Catia.
- 2D drawings incl. GPS
- Knowledge and experience with design processes and tools such as advanced DoE, DFMA, 3D, 6-s as well as parametric modelling.
- Knowledge about materials e.g. Casting, Sheet metal, composite and aluminum.
- English - verbal and written – well versed, capable of functioning in an English-only speaking environment as well as communicating with less English-proficient global peers
- Experience in working to reliability and robustness standards
- Understanding of project planning methods and tools
- Able to travel domestic and internationally and maintain a valid passport
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Be able to work in office as well as manufacturing environments, where sitting still, standing as well as lifting up to 50lbs, may be required.
- Able to work outside normal office hours, as may be required in relation to travel or collaborations with global peers (such as early morning or late evening Skype meetings).
- Within the scope of this Job Description, adhere to the Company’s ISO Quality Program, Company Policy and Safety / Environmental Regulations.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.