General Summary: Leads and directs warehouse employees in the proper picking, packing, and shipping of Grundfos materials and products. Assists Shipping Supervisor in organizing and motivating warehouse employees to achieve departmental goals for safety, quality, training, productivity, inventory accuracy, house-keeping and other areas of continuous improvement.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads, directs, and assists in shipping operations including loading trucks, verify shipment accuracy, and meeting company on-time-to-promise and request goals.
- Leads, directs, and assists department members in the accurate shipping of goods, in a timely manner.
- Communicate effectively with Receiving Supervisors, purchasing, production control, logistics and all other company personnel.
- Leads, directs, and assist in the timely and accurate shipping of goods to the various sister company.
- Ensures department members are following safety programs and activities, including daily preventative maintenance checks.
- Assists in shipping Grundfos products. This includes receiving the products from production, labeling, warehousing, stock rotation, and housekeeping within the area.
- Maintains accurate warehouse inventory levels by performing daily cycle counts for status update.
- Actively participates in continuous improvement activities and safety programs.
- Responsible for assisting in the training and cross training of all co-workers in the department.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding inventory accuracy goals.
- Responsible for keeping the department clean and orderly.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic math, reading, and computer skills including the ability to learn and accurately perform SAP transactions.
- Aptitude for identifying similarities and differences in strings of numbers and letters.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
- Ability to drive a fork lift and other material handling equipment in a safe and responsible manner.
- Working knowledge of warehouse documents, SAP transactions, and Grundfos standard operating procedures.
- Must have good verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in a flexible team environment.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time (the entire shift.)
- Ability to walk, stoop, bend, push, and pull.
- Manual dexterity necessary; ability to use both hands and reach with hands and arms.
- Ability to use basic hand tools.
- Ability to perform required duties and responsibilities while adhering to warehouse 5S standards.
- A desire to be in a leadership role and accept the responsibilities of meeting Warehouse goals.
- Possess a demonstrated ability to work within a team.
- Understand and demonstrate a proactive safety approach following safety standards and rules.
- Possess good problem-solving skills with limited supervision.
- Proven ability to direct, train, and give guidance on the operation of all equipment and processes.
- General knowledge of Warehousing.
- Knowledge of cycle count process.
- Have a good attendance record.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma, plus 1-2 years’ warehouse experience.
Comments: Approximately 85% of time is applied toward hands-on Warehousing with the remaining time applied toward Team Lead duties. Must possess the ability/flexibility to work different shifts if required.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.