The Package Assembler is responsible for the installation and assembly of engineered fluid handling package systems for our customers in the building, commercial, industrial, petrochemical and energy industries in accordance with departmental goals and objectives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembles machinery, fits bearings, aligns gears and drive-shafts; Mount mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic equipment.
- Assembles and aligns piping systems; Fits, tack-welds, and assembles components into final product
- Performs precision leveling and alignment of equipment; Inspects own work and completes quality documentation as required
- Moves materials, supplies, and tools to and from work areas; Directs rigging and moving of heavy equipment
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment
- Perform work, promote teamwork and communicate in conjunction with our culture and corporate standards (Safety/Environmental, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Communication, Internal Controls, etc.).
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Able to read and interpret blueprints, drawings and specifications, handbooks, charts, manuals, setup sheets, etc; Proficient using precision measuring instruments.
- Proficient use of manual, power driven and pneumatic hand tools.
- Safe use of material handling equipment including forklifts, cranes, hoist, screw jacks, hydraulic jacks.
- Knowledge of basic industrial electrical such as running rigid conduit, wire industrial components (e.g. engine, control panel, main power) and basic welding (e.g. mig, stick, etc.)
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds; Ability to bend, squat, sit, walk, and stand.
- Proficient using Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.), Lotus Notes, Intranet/Internet Navigation, ERP Systems (SAP preferred)
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or GED and 1-5 years related experience
Grundfos participates in E-verify and is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.