Under general supervision of the Business Controller. The Cost Analyst is responsible for reporting and analysis of Cost of Sales, Inventory Accounting/Analysis, Investment in progress tracking and Production Wages in accordance to GAAP and Group policy requirement, and functions as a business partner for plants and financial management to effectively manage and control the PPU Plant in regards to the below areas/tasks. The position works closely with the Plant Controller to ensure continues improvement of our master data that affects our MOR KPIs and Financial Strategic projects with in the ‘Cost’ area. Absolutely key for our performance and decision-making.
- Ensure and maintain integrity of all costing data.
- Overall responsibility for all accounting systems impacting Conversion cost, including:
- Production wages
- Capacity Cost
- Analyze and submit various reports such as those related to capacity costs, internal material share, direct labor rates, foreign currency exchange, slow moving and obsolete provision, Scrap, etc.
- Analyze and communicate changes impacting standard cost, direct material, and direct labor.
- Ensure and maintain integrity of SAP IM (Investment Management).
- Complete month and year-end close activities related to Cost of Sales in accordance to GAAP and Group policy requirements.
- Prepare costing data for annual budget process and input into the budget model.
- Process standard bill of material requests as needed.
- Provide costing support to sister company personnel.
- Coordinate and assist in annual inventory observations for external audit purposes.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policies, procedures, legislation, regulations and direction and identify non-compliance situations for resolution.
- Comply with all health and safety initiatives to ensure the Company remains a safe workplace.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
- Assist in the completion of special projects.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge and deep understanding of generally-accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Ability to understand, identify and analyze accounting problems, propose and implement solutions.
- Ability to manage multiple, divergent priorities, and work independently with a high degree of accuracy to meet customer requirements and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to present a positive, competent image to colleagues and external consultants, problem solve and apply sound judgment and discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to foster collaboration, accountability and customer-centricity.
- Superior written and verbal English language communication skills to receive and give information and influence outcomes.
- Strong customer service focus, sense of urgency to meet or exceed deadlines, and achieve daily commitments.
- Proficiency in the use of SAP systems, Microsoft Office including strong proficiency using database programs and MS Excel.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor degree in Business/Accounting plus 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing or technical environment, or a combination of training, education and experience.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Prolonged periods in a seated position utilizing a phone and computer with occasional twisting to reach equipment on des; performs simple grasping, listens with sufficient acuity to perform all aspects of the job.
- Occasionally lifts up to 5 lbs.
- Daily visits made to various internal departments.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.