The Warranty Manager is responsible for creating and expanding the existing and extended warranty programs along with clearly identifying key metrics for which to measure various warranty parameters in order to drive improvement actions across all Grundfos branded products within the Americas Region. The Warranty Manager will have responsibilities towards strategic initiatives and programs to improve the warranty process and other processes within the organization and be the corporate champion and subject matter expert for warranty.
Strategy & Planning
- Lead pre-implementation phase of development by evaluating proposals in order to identify potential problem areas, and make the appropriate recommendations.
- Ensure that development projects meet business requirements and goals, fulfill end-user requirements, and identify and resolve systems issues.
- Review and analyze existing application effectiveness and efficiency, and then develop strategies for improving or leveraging these systems
- Work with Finance, Sales, and other teams to create the necessary reports that bring awareness to warranty cost across all products & markets. Participate in meetings, visit customers, be visible.
- Optimize complete warranty process across total value chain (customer, Sales unit, Production, Quality, Group
- Manage and provide direction for the Warranty work in support of business operations.
- Identify and resolve program errors
- Provide technical leadership to project managers and programmers working on development project teams
- Cultivate, disseminate, and enforce functional policies, procedures, and quality assurance best practices
- Where necessary, prepare, establish, and monitor budgets to stay inline and on-time with all projects and customer agreements (SLA’s)
- Insure Service Technicians are properly trained in making determinations about warranty qualification based upon product inspection and execute the appropriate business transactions in accordance with current warranty policy
- Insure decisions about Sales Goodwill are made at the appropriate level in accordance with our current DOA
- Drive the awareness & communicate directly with Sales and provide the necessary data showing market/customer/product warranty cost over a given period; identify improvement opportunities; recommend actions
- Liaison with Group to insure warranty policies & procedures are aligned with the global expectation
- Participate with Quality/Production/Product Management/Sales as necessary to manage quality situations that impact warranty cost
- Take the lead role to work with external customers where product quality & performance result in a poor UX
- Represent Grundfos as necessary in litigation situations resulting from product failure
- Set the expectation of performance within Service team…warranty processing timeframes, for example
- Support all products within the Grundfos branded portfolio in warranty process
- Responsible for the overall direction of the next generation segment warranty activities
Education and Experience
Bachelor of Science degree or equivalent experience in Warranty, Quality and/or Engineering is required; MBA is preferred.
- 5+ years overall experience delivering warranty solutions
- Experience restructuring warranty programs in an industrial organization is required; experience working in a global organization across multiple countries is strongly preferred.
- Formatting Contracts, Special Agreements, and Responses as required
- Contract review and customer flow down
- Ability to lead and influence others
- Proven experience to establish and maintain a strong teamwork capacity
- High level of customer service
- Strong organization skills
- Ability to take on multiple projects at one time
- Ability to travel up to 25% and maintain a valid passport
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.