Apply Subject matter knowledge and demonstrates technical/business insight. Responsible for the scheduling of appropriate Production activities, analyzing, evaluating and calculating optimum inventory control elements, managing Stock Transport Orders and the primary interface between Sales, Purchasing and Operations regarding forecast process (SIOP – Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the primary interface between Sales and Production Control personnel. Facilitate sales orders and subsequent supply repositioning.
- Analyze the supply line and adjust all planning modifiers to facilitate the optimum demand signal to purchasing (Utilize APICS philosophies to calculate reorder points, economic order quantities, and safety stock levels).
- Timely generation of Production Orders for all Production order driven product lines to meet demands of Production schedules, MRP and final assembly schedule. Prioritize work to production floor.
- Review internal stock transfer requests for components and finished goods for branches; facilitate the completion of internal requisitions from stock.
- Collaborate with Buyers/Branch Personnel to maintain the optimum inventory levels, increase inventory turns and reduce the past due order backlog.
- Code all relevant fields within SAP for standard and non-standard part number requests.
- Maintain all relevant fields within SAP for standard part numbers (safety stock, ROP, EOQ, etc.)
- Active participation in process improvement teams.
- Lead and train coworkers in responsibilities associated with Planning and Scheduling.
- Measure and control output to supervision as required by providing metrics.
- Participate in SIOP and translate requirements into inventory and operations planning.
- Conduct plan performance reviews, measure, report and adjust as required.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, verbally or in writing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of closed loop manufacturing principals and MRP theory.
- Analytical aptitude; ability to mathematically and statistically analyze and interpret data.
- Understanding/Familiarity with Lean manufacturing concepts.
- Ability to lead processes or projects.
- Ability to lead a business process within Planning.
- Above average working knowledge of SAP.
- High level knowledge of MS Excel.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effective.
- Ability to problem solve complicated task in a timely manner and manage priorities.
- Effective capacity planning skills with in depth resource knowledge.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree is preferred, minimum 5 - 7 years’ experience in a production control environment or 5 - 7 years’ experience in inventory and production control. Purchasing experience a plus. Professional Certificate such as APICS /CPIM recommended.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.