The welder is responsible for producing acceptable welds while adhering to quality processes and procedures and in accordance with departmental and corporate goals and objectives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform and produce acceptable welds regarding mig, tig, arc and oxyacetylene
- Identify and selects proper procedure, fillers and equipment
- Review shop tickets, heat numbers and rough castings to verify correct parts are being welded; Logs all parts welded in ledger
- Grind and de-burr; Operate machines as required
- Perform work, promote teamwork and communicate in conjunction with our culture and corporate standards (Safety/Environmental, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Communication, Internal Controls, etc.).
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Material handling equipment (Lift truck, two wheeled truck, carts, etc.); Cranes, hoist, screw jacks, hydraulic jacks
- Proficient using computers (data entry, retrieval functionality, MS Windows, Excel, etc.)
- Manual, power driven, and pneumatic hand tools, electronic engraver, Power saw, cutoff wheel, grinders, hydraulic press, radial drill, arbor press, Arc Welding, acetylene cutting equipment and threading machine; Brazing equipment
- Precision measuring instruments, gages, meters
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds, Ability to bend, squat, sit, walk, and stand; Exposure to dust, noise, heat beyond shop conditions, and exposure to ambient heat in summer required to wear welding protection.
- Required to pass ASME, Section 9, Pipe and D1.1 Plate Test AND be respirator certified
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED including 1 year certificate from college or technical school
- 6-12 months related experience and/or equivalent combination of both
Grundfos participates in E-verify and is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.