Exponentially grow Grundfos business in Florida, focusing on the municipal market. Responsible for generating profitable sales, including all principal duties and responsibilities indicated below.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the sales, accounts, service, operations and overall running of the branch
- Provide leadership to Florida sales manager and branch employees
- Develop relationships with municipalities, end-users, distribution partners, and contractors.
- Assist in drafting and managing sales and operational budgets for forecasts
- Develop and implement strategies to grow municipal business in Florida
- Responsible for field sales and account management functions to fulfill customer pump and system requirements.
- Develop monthly, quarterly, and yearly sales plans with goals and strategies to accomplish sales targets
- Call on customers within assigned geographical and/or market area of the branch; promote acceptance of the company’s products and services.
- Review quotations prepared by inside sales before submitting to customers and negotiates pricing with customers on a project by project basis, in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Focus on fulfilling Company’s sales quota, marketing goals and profit objectives.
- Promote the image of the Company, its products and services and when necessary demonstrate and instruct in their uses.
- Stay abreast of industry trends, evolutions and applications. Keep Management informed of competitive conditions and make recommendations on product changes, additions or new products with major potential.
- Expand the customer base in assigned territory.
- Be technically qualified in selection of equipment and scopes of service work without written specifications.
- Perform troubleshooting and emergency call outs as may be required; assist with equipment start up and training as may be necessary.
- Responsible for adhering to the Company’s sales policies and procedures.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven success in sales and sales management.
- General knowledge of pumps, pump hydraulics, pump systems, controls or rotating equipment; and all aspects of operation, installation and maintenance.
- Customer focused with high level of integrity.
- Must possess the ability to make decisions and sound judgment.
- Must exhibit good interpersonal skills with customers and plant personnel when group efforts are required to meet customer’s requirements.
- Must have the competencies to adapt and succeed in a changing environment.
- Highly organized and focused on meeting goals and objectives, manage multiple priorities, and capable of working independently with a high degree of accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Effective communicator who possess the ability to engage two-way communication.
- Must be able to travel, have a valid driver’s license and can fly when necessary.
- Working knowledge of computers and PC software, Microsoft Office.
Education and Experience:
Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Business, or a combination of the education or experience.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Operating a forklift either a sit down or standup
- Able to write and perform data input.
- Capable of both written and verbal communications.
- Must be able to drive and posses a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to travel and fly in airplanes.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.