Job Title: Senior Market Segment Specialist
Purpose of Job:
Reporting to the Executive Director of Marketing & Strategy, the Senior Market Segment Specialist will be the primary interface to the Canada and US’ sales team to plan, execute and manage, at a tactical level, the marketing activities in key business segments: municipal, industrial, and fire protection. The Senior Market Segment Specialist will develop a deep understanding of the segment sales channel requirements to proactively and strategically position marketing and sales for accelerated growth. The Senior Market Segment Specialist will create and launch major campaigns consisting of tactics such as but not limited to brochures, events, whitepapers, ads and promotions. Ultimately, this high profile role will be responsible for accelerating sales through segment-based marketing within a fast paced, high-growth company that is delivering innovative solutions to critical water and energy efficiency needs.
- Develop and deliver marketing initiatives that include campaigns, special programs, major messaging themes, product launches, ads, trade shows and local events.
- Support the field sales organization on day-to-day needs like promo ordering, fulfilling partner requests and creating content, including both writing and graphic design, as needed.
- Liaise closely with the sales team to define immediate and longer-term, planned priorities.
- Work closely with management and the marketing team to assist development and implementation of marketing action plans, budgets, game plans, goals and strategies.
- Conduct Voice of Customer (VoC) research to map strategic marketing priorities (promotion, price, placement, product) within each business segment.
- Define customer persona types and competitor intelligence for each business segment in order to develop impactful messaging and campaigns.
- Accompany sales teams to validate marketing campaigns and customer needs in the field.
- Create internal and external communication content to promote the segment activities through multiple channels, like social media, using Communications’ tools and guidance.
- Develop marketing content tool kits that allow Grundfos distributors to communicate and create rich brand awareness programs that build local awareness.
- Build brand awareness, preference and loyalty with the key decision makers that influence the specification, purchase and use of Grundfos products.
- Maintain and improve customer loyalty programs. Research customer satisfaction and future customer service needs, requests, and proposals related to these programs.
- Maintain and improve customer data and online touchpoints by working with Digital Marketing.
- Provide support to peers pertaining to quality and quantity of work performed. Perform all work in compliance with company policies, branding rules, procedures, legislation, regulation and direction and identify non-compliance situations for resolution.
- Help develop and implement strategies to achieve departmental goals and objectives and continually seek out opportunity for improvement.
Critical Knowledge and Experience
- 10+ years of relevant experience in marketing programs and campaign development
- Ability to grasp and understand technical aspects relative to products within the business segment is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of PCs, Microsoft applications, Adobe Illustrator.
- Ability to work independently, within a team, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to identify and solve problems, and plan, organize and coordinate activities and complex analyses and work independently to manage projects.
- Ability to develop professional business relationships and communicate effectively both orally and in writing in English; ability to make effective presentations
- Ability to travel up to 40%, a few weekends necessary
- Ability to travel Internationally
Preferred or Required Education
Minimum Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Marketing or related field
To see the latest news about Grundfos in the US & Canada, follow us on Facebook
To learn more US & Canada products from Grundfos, visit our website
For more info on Grundfos’ global business and community impact, check out our About Us page
Key Performance Indicators
- The Senior Market Segment Specialist will be evaluated on the following areas:
- Quality and quantity of campaign content created
- The successful roll-out of campaigns that close gaps in sales targets and quickly drive sales
- Improving Grundfos customer survey scores
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.