This occupation includes all activities required to assemble, mount, and test various pumps and to combine these pumps with other components and accessories into complete pumping systems.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble, disassemble, align, adjust, and repair all horizontal and standard vertical pumps.
- Checks components prior to assembly for suitability of use.
- Mount pumps and other accessories and components to base plates using mechanical fasteners and/or by welding. Must have proof of current welding certification and/or able to be certified.
- Make electrical and mechanical connections.
- Move material as required.
- Perform layout work required for mounting and testing
- Perform operations such as drilling, tapping, fitting, filing, polishing, honing, reaming, countersinking, and adjusting.
- Performs welding and acetylene cutting required for mounting or leak repair.
- Performs manual and electronic record keeping and information retrieval functions.
- Obtain hardware items necessary to complete job or perform test.
- Setup, prepare, and perform hydraulic pressure tests and record results.
- Provide training and instruction to other employees as required.
- Make performance and run test set-ups for pumps, and pumping systems.
- Assist in conducting performance and run test, read and record test data as required.
- Receive, store, and retrieve material.
- Perform work, promote teamwork and communicate in conjunction with our culture and corporate standards (Safety/Environmental, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Communication, Internal Controls, etc.).
- Experience using with Lean manufacturing concepts and cost reduction with an understanding of business metrics to drive performance.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must be flexible with shift change, the incumbent may work 5-8 hour days Monday- Friday and swtich to 4-10 hour days Monday- Thursday based on workforce.
- Material handling equipment (Lift truck, two wheeled truck, carts, etc.)
- Cranes, hoist, screw jacks, hydraulic jacks
- Computer (MS Windows, Lab View, Excel)
- Manual, power driven, and pneumatic hand tools, electronic engraver, Power saw, cutoff wheel, grinders, hydraulic press, radial drill, arbor press, Arc Welding, acetylene cutting equipment and threading machine, Precision measuring instruments, gages, meters
- Mechanical aptitude and the ability to read and apply mathematics to work from engineering drawings and schematics to determine assembly procedures and problem solve.
- Basic understanding of the fundamentals of electricity.
- Ability to operate precision instruments and lifting equipmen
- Mathematics skills including proficiency subtracting, multiplying and dividing for the purpose of calculating material fabrication.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally in the English language to understand and use written or verbal control and work instructions,
- Ability to analyze and problem solve to resolve various technical and interpersonal issues with collaboration, respect and professionalism.
Education and Experience:
- Possession of a secondary school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) or a combination of training, education and experience with further technical education in a related field.
- Experience with vertical and/or horizontal pump preferred, but not required.
- Vocational Training in electrical, welding, precision measuring instruments, blueprints, or equivalent
- Specialized on-the-job training in pump hydraulics, diesel engine start-up, and control panel operation.
- Must have proof of current welding certification and/or able to be certified.
- Possession of a fork lift license and experience in the use of lifting equipment, including crane lift rigging is an asset.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- This position requires the incumbent to stand for extended periods of time, frequently grasp tools, stoop, crouch, reach, stand, and walk when performing duties; twist and reach when assembling parts.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance and peripheral vision.
- Lifting pumps and/or boxes up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work in a non-climate controlled factory or field environment.
This position may require frequent overtime.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Grundfos Pumps does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in provision of our employment opportunities and benefits.
Grundfos participates in E-verify and is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.