The role of the Application Engineer is to provide technical support and quotations with regard to the selection, price, design and delivery impact that will meet or exceed customer expectations in alignment with departmental procedures. This role will communicate and collaborate with outside business partners, internal customers, and direct suppliers while adhering to corporate policy and procedure.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review product specifications to determine technical requirements, including but not limited to: equipment selection, sizing, costing, research requests for duplicate equipment from serial number records, and develop current pricing
- Communicate with our direct suppliers for pricing, delivery, and technical information.
- Produce detailed and concise work instructions pertaining to customer requirements, production improvements, purchasing assistance, etc.
- Provide documentation to Project Management pertaining to pricing, delivery schedule, preliminary design information, and exceptions quoted to customer specifications, detailed listing of customer specifications reviewed at proposal phase, pattern research, etc.
- Post fulfillment project review to determine causes of margin erosion and improvements that can be made to reduce future margin erosion
- Support continuous improvement, identify inefficiencies, and eliminate errors in the order winning process.
- Support continuous improvement, in order to achieve deliverables and maximize profit
- Perform work, promote teamwork and communicate in conjunction with Grundfos Values and our internal standards (Safety, Quality, Schedule, Cost)
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, engineering technology, or business with equivalent experience in technical sales and manufacturing
- Previous experience in Engineering, Project Management and/or Sales in a manufacturing environment (preferred)
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.