Organize and lead employees toward achieving departmental goals for safety, quality, on-time delivery, cost reduction, labor efficiency, inventory reduction, housekeeping, attendance, and other areas of continuous improvements. Lead and manage projects with successful results. Perform assigned tasks and responsibility with minimal manager support.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Train each employee to develop and use safe work practices. Support the development and implementation of safety initiatives.
- Develop employee awareness, provide effective leadership, and implement systems to ensure that only quality products are manufactured and delivered to customers.
- Select employees and staff production lines to accomplish the production schedule.
- Develop employee skills and provide cross-training for all critical tasks.
- Plan, execute, and manage daily work to meet production schedules.
- Identify, document, and implement initiatives resulting in improved quality and profits.
- Develop, initiate, and support Lean Manufacturing activities to reduce waste in the value stream.
- Prepare and conduct performance reviews in a timely manner.
- Lead and/or facilitate company teams to improve operations, solve problems, and optimize processes within PPU.
- Establish work practices that minimize the environmental impact of the processes associated with the department, reduce the consumption of resources, and reduce the waste stream.
- Educate employees to heighten awareness of environmental concerns and sound environmental practices.
- Recommend budget amounts and control costs to meet the budget.
- Direct and supervise employees on a daily basis with minimal support of manager.
- Follow and enforce company policies and procedures.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate, and mentor employees.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good working knowledge with an ERP system, SAP preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve work flow problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with managers/supervisors in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to make timely decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to lead/manage projects with success.
- Demonstrated ability to introduce new methods or tools for improving business.
- Demonstrated ability of using Lean Manufacturing principles for reducing waste.
Required Competencies: (Effective/Highly Effective Proficiency Level)
- Managing Direct Reports
- Customer Focus
- Building Effective Teams
- Managing and Measuring Work
- Problem Solving
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
- This position requires the incumbent to stand for extended periods of time, frequently grasp tools, stoop, crouch, reach, stand, and walk when performing duties; twist and reach when assembling parts.
- Specific vision abilities include close, distance and peripheral vision.
- Lifting pumps and/or boxes up to 50 lbs.
- Able to work in a non-climate controlled factory or field environment.
Must be willing to work weekend shifts and overtime as needed. Must maintain a valid passport.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Grundfos Pumps does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in provision of our employment opportunities and benefits.
Education and Experience:
B.S. degree in technology, business, management, or equivalent degree preferred. Minimum of 3+ years’ experience working as a supervisor in a manufacturing environment.
Hours: 6:00 PM to 6:00 AM Friday, Saturday, & Sunday
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.