Provides direct support for controls and control panels to to industrial, commercial, and municipal channel partners using product knowledge and innovation to provide technical solutions to all customer requests.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
Daily Activities of Applications Engineer II
Support sales team by establishing a working relationship with our customers in creating solutions and ensure a smooth sales process.
- Receive and promptly process requests from internal and external customers from the phone, electronic, and face-to-face interactions.
- Responsible for providing product support directly to channel partners.
- Provides accurate selection of products to fit customer application needs.
- Provide written and verbal quotations to customers.
- Documents all customer interaction details within the CRM system.
- Responsible for providing solutions to escalated trouble shooting inquiries.
- Handle escalated customer complaints related to products.
- Resolve customer product complaints.
- Manage incoming orders and ensure accurate order information.
- Follow up on orders pending approvals for release.
- Required to meet or exceed Customer Support Center quality assurance standards on a consistent basis.
- Reviews product specifications and advises customers of product selections.
- Support training activities, including advanced technical topics relating to products for internal personnel as well as OEM partners and other external partners.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in engineering or other technical discipline preferred, but not required or three to five years of equivalent experience in a technical role within the pump industry or related field
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a good understanding of control diagrams, specifications, software and controls logic
- Demonstrated knowledge of control theory, building automation systems and other building subsystems
- Knowledge and understanding of UL508A & NEC codes.
- Strong customer-focused service and sales attitude.
- Capacity to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to follow complex customer requests to completion.
- Computer experience with PCs, Microsoft applications, and Web Browsers.
- Ability to work with all customer types as well as effectively manage relationships.
- Strong ability to communicate with a technical or non-technical audience.
- Can apply pumps and products into a wide range of applications.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Grundfos Pumps does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in provision of our employment opportunities and benefits.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.