Position: Service Technician
Location: Allentown, PA
Reporting to: Service Supervisor
The Service Technician is responsible for service activities, system diagnostics, repairs, product commissioning, and other service related functions on all Grundfos branded products. These activities may be performed in the field at customer sites, or in a factory workshop environment. Candidate will possess knowledge and experience working with rotating equipment, electrical controls, VFD’s, and other products typically associated with the water/wastewater/building services industry. Additionally, the Service Technician position requires travel, primarily within the US, and may occasionally require international travel, so the candidate must have a valid driver license and be able to maintain a US Passport. Travel is estimated to be 30%-40%, and it is expected to increase along with future business development.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspection, troubleshooting, repair, and testing of pumps, pump control systems, and other related equipment in both a shop and field environment.
- Provide field and shop service to assigned pumps and pump systems including teardown, evaluation, repair & assembly, installation, and troubleshooting.
- Completion of comprehensive inspections and/or tests of pumps and pump systems. Read machining drawings and electrical schematics.
- Makes product warranty determination. Inputs warranty statistics into the database.
- Prepares pricing for out of warranty product repairs.
- Provide equipment start up and commissioning service to end users and sales channel partners.
- Understanding of all product lines and the ability to perform repair, start up, installation and removal of all product lines.
- Identify the cause(s) of pump failures, mechanical, electrical, and systematic, and provide appropriate corrective action based on competent evaluation of the services required.
- Represent the company as the onsite customer liaison during the repair.
- Prepare detailed reports to record and monitor labor and material, findings and resolution.
- Communicate design issues and developments to managers, engineers, and Service Manager.
- Be environmentally conscious of work environment.
- Maintain and operate company tooling and equipment.
- Ensure and control safety and quality assurance at all times.
- Provide peer to peer mentoring.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policies, procedures, legislation, regulations and direction and identify non-compliance situations for resolution.
- Comply with all health and safety initiatives to ensure the Company remains a safe workplace.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
Education and Experience:
Minimum of Associates degree level in a technical subject or equivalent.
Experience working with centrifugal pumps, Metering Pumps, PLC’s, controls & control systems, and related rotating equipment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with and an aptitude for industrial controls (Variable Frequency drives, programmable controls, transducers, etc.)
- Must have working knowledge of equipment, diagrams, measuring devices, and tools associated with the repair of mechanical, electrical and pump control products.
- Possess practical, hands-on experience in troubleshooting and testing pumps and controls.
- Ability to understand mechanical/electrical systems.
- Must interact effectively with customers, business associates, salesmen and engineers.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Must present a positive competent image to customers and exhibit sound judgment.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and team working skills.
- Possess good organizational skills and have the ability to effectively manage time.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, a self-starter. Able to handle multiple assignments.
- Knowledge and understanding of Quality systems with ability to develop testing procedures.
- Experience working with company ERP systems; SAP a plus
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite of products including Word, Excel, and Outlook
Must develop professional work habits and present a positive, competent image to customers and exhibit sound judgement and technical accuracy. Must be willing to travel; travel required estimated (30-40%).
Grundfos Pumps does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in provision of our employment opportunities and benefits
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.