General Summary: This position is in a very fast paced environment with heavy computer transactions. Exceptional multitasking skills and excellent organizational skills are required to ensure the high level of accuracy and attention to detail required. The Logistics Coordinator will prepare the paperwork, both international and domestic, and arrange the transportation for all shipments. The position interfaces with customer service, production control, purchasing and external customers. Additionally, participating in problem solving, approving freight bills, and updating work instructions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Under the direction of the Warehouse Supervisor, coordinates the shipment of products to the customer.
2. Prepares Bills of Landing and documents for shipment, both domestic and foreign.
3. Maintains knowledge of current international import/export regulatory requirements. Update applicable standard operation procedures as necessary.
4. Checks Production Orders for credit, address, line items; freight carriers and will calls.
5. Maintains in-process and completed department shipping files, both physical and electronic
6. Traces freight that has been shipped, handles some claims and provides other shipping documents as requested.
7. Coordinates with Assembly Department and crating on material progress and expedites when necessary to assure on time delivery.
8. Communicates with various departments on special needs of customers, shortages, priorities, credit issues, etc.
9. Prepares export documentation needed to clear freight through customs and coordinates export crating with outside brokers.
10. Routes all airfreight, flatbeds and common carriers.
11. Approves freight bills.
12. Prints and distributes Parts and Stock Transfer pick sheets.
13. Prepares reports as assigned, such as metrics and dock report.
14. Monitor and respond to emails for information on priority shipments, document requests, shipping updates, etc.
15. Responsible for keeping equipment and work area clean and orderly.
16. Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Personal computer skills and data base transactions; SAP preferred.
2. Able to communicate in English (both written and oral) as it relates to the job.
3. Possess excellent organizational, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills.
4. Must be able to take and follow written and oral instructions.
5. Must be able to discriminate and transcribe numbers correctly.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma or GED or equivalent.
Two years in a shipping department, with traffic experience and heavy computer transaction processing preferred.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
Work in a non-climate controlled environment.
Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.