The role of the Service Application Engineer is to provide technical support and quotations with regard to the selection, price, design and delivery impact that will meet or exceed customer expectations in alignment with departmental procedures. Responsible for providing Sales support to assist to sell service solutions to professional end users. Utilizes knowledge of Peerless legacy product solutions while developing Grundfos product expertise to meet customer’s needs. Becomes knowledgeable on all Grundfos product applications (Peerless, Paco, Yeomans, Grundfos) and matches the best product to customer need. Provides support to other Service locations regarding Peerless legacy product by supplying pricing, application knowledge, and general product support. This role will communicate and collaborate with outside business partners, internal customers, and direct suppliers while adhering to corporate policy and procedure.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in service sales personnel training, mentoring, and development towards product portfolio
- Assist in offering solutions that are within the capabilities of our entire supply chain, including engineering, production, and vendors.
- Develop quotations and associated technical documentation to win business
- Read & understand customer specifications
- Provide accurate cost calculations (non-standard/special components) for Service products.
- Provide creative alternatives to necessary exceptions in quotations.
- Review project specifications and determine all technical requirements, including equipment sizing, costing, additions, flange dimensions etc.
- Contact outside vendors for pricing, delivery and technical information on non-Grundfos product for quoting and fulfillment purposes.
- Develop Grundfos product competency in order
- Develop service solutions detailing pricing, delivery schedule, preliminary design information, exceptions quoted to customer specifications, pattern research, etc.
- Utilize Grundfos Product Center & RAPID when possible for quoting to standardize quoting process.
- Interact with Engineering and Manufacturing to validate technical solutions and understand cost, lead time, and production capacity impact of technical decisions.
- Develop working awareness ing of all Grundfos Service Products and applications
- Demonstrate working knowledge of the Service Excellence process and application
- Assists with Service/ Warranty investigations, negotiations and rectifications.
- Maintain state-of-the-art level of competency by attending training courses, seminars, workshops, etc., as required.
- Develops and maintains a culture of providing an excellent Customer Experience throughout the organization.
- Utilize RAPID, GPC, SAP CRM, and SAP CS modules in completion of daily activities
- Perform work, promote teamwork and communicate in conjunction with our culture and corporate standards (Safety/Environmental, Quality, Continuous Improvement, Communication, Internal Controls, etc.).
- Maintains and demonstrates a culture of collaboration
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good communication skills, both oral and written are a must. A strong work ethic is very important including multitasking ability.
- Advanced understanding of pump principals, pump construction, hydraulics, application of products, and accessories is required.
- Must have a strong familiarity of computer software including: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Access, Power Point, Project, etc.).
- Must have ability to develop a positive relationship our Customers, sales, production, procurement, quality, and all other internal teams.
- May be required to travel to meetings with Customers and to field sites.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a minimum of a four-year technical or engineering degree or equivalent experience in service, design, applications, or contract management role.
- 2-4 years relevant experience with rotating and hydraulic equipment including drivers, controls, and interface is desired.