To ensure realization of Grundfos’ EHS ambitions in line with the Group strategy.
The AMERICAS EHS Manager is accountable for realization of Grundfos’ EHS targets and ambitions within AMERICAS. This will be achieved by taking the lead on EHS efforts within the region, deploy relevant efforts in cooperation with EHS managers, E and H&S Center of Excellence and other Group functions. The AMERICAS EHS Sr. Manager will report on performance/progress to the regional OPS VP and LT, and the Group EHS Senior Director.
As AMERICAS EHS Sr. Manager, the following major tasks are defined:
Work area 1: Strategy formulation and deployment (10%)
- Set the strategic direction in cooperation with OPS VP for “Making Grundfos’ Supply Chain a Showcase for Sustainable manufacturing” (cf. 2020 strategy) in AMERICAS and support the realization of the Group environmental ambitions e.g. reducing water consumption with 50% by 2025, never emitting more CO2 than 2008, etc.
- Establish yearly roadmaps and targets to break down the strategy for the AMERICAS region, including input in the budget process to ensure realization of the roadmaps.
- Align the regional roadmap with company action plans and initiative.
- Monitor and report on the individual company’s environmental performance and action plans and take necessary action to ensure realization of the Regions environmental roadmap and KPI´s.
Work area 2: Organizational support, problem solving and competence development (30%)
- First line support to EHS managers and VP OPS regarding EHS performance in region.
- Continuously improve EHS performance in cooperation company EHS management and in cooperation with E and H&S Center of Excellence.
- Develop regional EHS competencies by facilitating regional trainings in relevant environmental standards, concepts, tools.
Work area 3: Link plants within EMEA and connect EMEA with the global EHS organization (10%)
- Establish EHS network(s) across the organization to accelerate improvements and learning by sharing best practices across the region.
- Ensure realization of show-case initiatives by supporting implementation of Group EHS initiatives.
- Provide input to Group E and H&S Center of Excellence on need for support to improve EHS performance in Region AMERICAS.
The expected number of travelling days per year is 50 days
Key Performance Indicators
Describe how the performance of the position can be measured in terms of fulfilling its purpose. Ideally there should be 4-5 indicators which can be used and which are specific and exclusive for this position on the given level in the hierarchy.
- LTI frequency
- No of accidents
- Near Miss
- Energy consumption
- Water consumption
- Waste generation
Position and Reporting
Describe the organizational alignment of the position/function within the line organization and the functional community and the reporting channels, e.g. where will this position report to
The AMERICAS EHS Manager reports directly/indirectly to the following positions:
- Reports directly to the EHS Group Senior Director.
- Reports indirectly to the Regional VP of Operations.
The following positions reports indirectly to the regional EHS Manager:
- All EHS Mangers across AMERICAS reports indirectly to the Regional EHS Manager.
Internal Work Relations (typical but not limited to)
Identifies position’s primary interfaces
- Group EHS Senior Director
- Regional VP of Operations
- AMERICAS OPS management team
- AMERICAS Plant Managers
- AMERICAS Plant EHS Managers
- E and H&S Center of Excellence
- Group EHS
- Group Facility, AME and Grundfos Shop Floor Excellence
The education, skills, experiences and personal characteristics necessary for success in this assignment. In cases where years of experience are used for illustration, these should be considered as MINIMUM requirements.
Relevant Bachelor’s degree within the EHS area and/or Operations Management required, Master's Degree preferred.
5-10 years’ experience within the EHS area
5-10 years’ experience with strategy deployment
5-10 years’ project/program management
Experience from working in large international organizations
Personal skills and competencies
Fluent in English required and Spanish preferred
Good communications and motivational skills i.e. ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
Excellent stakeholder management skills
Experienced trainer and auditor/assessor
Able to set direction and inspire others to follow
This position is not eligible for an expatriation package; local contract only.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.