General Summary: Reporting to the Director of Service, the Service Sales Manager’s role is to generate and increase awareness of the Grundfos aftermarket business to increase market share; sell and preserve long term service agreements, and report specific business, market, and industry information. The Service Sales Manager establishes and builds strong relationships with target decisions makers and serves as a value added resource. The Sales Service Manager can be deployed with a specific focus on a particular customer, set of customers, market segment, product group, or industry. Responsible for generating profitable Service sales, including all principal duties and responsibilities indicated below.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible to lead the service sales process for their focused customers, markets, products, or industry and are directly measured on the growth their focused areas experience while focusing on fulfilling sales quota, marketing goals and profit objectives.
- Call on customers within assigned geographical area to increase awareness of Grundfos aftermarket business, increase service agreements, and promote acceptance of the company’s products and services.
- Prepare quotations and negotiates pricing with customers on a project by project basis, in accordance with Company guidelines.
- Promotes the image of the Company, its products and services and demonstrates and instructs in their uses.
- Performs troubleshooting and emergency call outs as may be required; assists with equipment start up and training as may be necessary.
- Ensure accurate and dedicated maintenance of CRM account details
- Responsible for selection of equipment with or without written specifications and providing customers with a solution to resolve their pumping system problems.
- Submit sales forecasts supported by market trends, competition, etc., and provide sales pipeline and quotation funnel information to management.
- Stays abreast of the service industry trends, evolutions and applications. Keeps Management informed of competitive conditions and makes recommendations on product changes, additions or new products with major potential.
- Perform all work in compliance with company policies, procedures, legislation, regulations and direction and identify non-compliance situations for resolution.
- Comply with all health and safety initiatives to ensure the Company remains a safe workplace.
- Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, or changed at any time at the discretion of management, formally or informally, either verbally or in writing.
There will be no direct reports to this role. This role is expected to work in a matrix organization with strong collaboration across various sales segments and operations teams.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
1. Proven success in sales, preferably centrifugal and vertical turbine pumps or other rotating equipment.
2. Strong knowledge of pumps, pump hydraulics, pump systems, controls or rotating equipment and all aspects of operation, installation and maintenance.
3. Ability to work with detailed specifications and industry standards.
4. Ability to manage multiple, divergent priorities, and work independently with a high degree of accuracy to meet customer requirements and priorities in a fast-paced environment.
5. Ability to foster collaboration, accountability and customer-centricity.
6. Superior telephone skills and strong written and verbal English language communication skills to receive and give information and make presentations
7. Strong customer service focus, sense of urgency to meet or exceed customer expectations, and achieve daily commitments
8. Ability to present a positive, competent image to customers, problem solve and apply sound judgment and discretion.
9. Highly organized and focused on meeting goals and objectives, manage multiple priorities, and capable of working independently with a high degree of accuracy.
10. Proficiency in the use of SAP SD and ERP systems, Microsoft Office including MS Excel, and product sizing software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Civil or Industrial Engineering or other technical degree required; or a combination of training, education and experience.
5-7 Years of sales/engineering experience in an aftermarket business environment is preferred.
Physical and Environmental Requirements:
Prolonged periods in a seated position in an office or in a vehicle. Uses a phone and computer with occasional twisting to reach equipment on desk; performs simple grasping, listens with sufficient acuity to perform all aspects of the job. Able to sit or stand for extended periods of time and occasionally lifts up to 5 lbs.
This position requires to travel 50% to 60% within California.
Grundfos is currently moving to a global recruiting system to enhance your user experience. Our new system is already live in Germany and other countries will follow throughout 2017. Due to legislation, we unfortunately cannot transfer existing candidate data to the new system. To keep you updated on opportunities in Grundfos, we kindly ask you to create a talent profile in our new system. We apologize for the inconvenience this may cause and hope that you still wish to join our talent pool. Click here for signup.
Please note that if you have already applied for a position, your application will be managed in the system in which you have applied. This means that you do not need to re-enter your application in the new system unless a recruiter contacts you directly in this regard.
Thank you for your interest in Grundfos.